Saturday, April 15, 2017

Easter, two years later....

I can't believe it's been two years since I sat down to write on this ole blog.
Time flies and I see that more with each day that passes.

Not going to use this as a time to catch up on everything but instead, I wanted to do some looking into this heart of mine and reflect.

I have been a Christian the gist of my life. However, I will sadly admit there's been more times in my life I've not acted like one.

I know the Bible says we will be transformed after we receive Christ & I do believe that to be true. But, it does not take away the temptation and the naturally sinful desires of the flesh.
I find myself needing Jesus more than ever as an adult.
I find myself needing His direction and guidance more as a parent.

I thought when I "grew up and got married"....I would know the plans He has for me easier.
That perhaps being an adult in Christ would mean my path would be lit up in lights, nice and bright and I would never get lost.
But, that's not the case.
I still need Him daily.
I still struggle with my old self.
I still struggle with my heart.
I still wonder if I am on the right path and am I being the mother and wife that God calls me to be?

I guess this Easter I look back and am thankful I need Him so much each day.
And that the need and desire for Him is still something I want and struggle for.
Life, though beautiful and often bittersweet, is not something I have figured out.
I still look to my Savior.
I still come to Him broken and in need of His grace. I come to Him still as a child, sometimes lost and sometimes in despair.

Being a Christian, married with children doesn't mean I will be perfect.
It doesn't mean I will always do right....
In fact, if anything I will probably do wrong more than not, come to Him needing forgiveness and needing my heart to be checked.

If anything,
I realize I need Jesus on the Cross more now than ever.

The blood shed on Calvary means more to me now that ever.
I still need His mercy.
I still need His grace.

And if a sinner, who loses her battles daily, can still receive love & mercy from Him....
than you can too!

This Easter, I am thankful He still has me.
This Easter, I am thankful He still forgives me.
I am thankful for the second chances, the third chances, and so on.

Christ on the Cross is the reason I can face tomorrow.
Christ on the Cross is the reason I am still alive.
The debts He paid on the Cross are for you, & me.

"But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8

It doesn't matter was society says, or what others think and call you.
If you are His, you are His.

This Easter, my heart continues to be humbled and forever thankful for the shed blood of my King.
If you ever are curious or want to know more about how Jesus can fill that missing piece in your soul, please feel free to message me.
I may not have every answer, but I will gladly share with you all the things He has done for me.


God bless, sweet readers.


"But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed."
-Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: