Monday, December 16, 2013

Yessss, I'm still here!

well, hello!

It's been a while, yes!?
I am one of those bloggers that only blogs when everything is done. You know what I mean?
Like, when there isn't a looming to-do list. Which, of course--in the life of a mom...there is always a to-do list. ESPECIALLY during THIS time of year!

But, I wanted to pop in and say hello and to write a bit.
I miss blogging and like I've said countless times before, to me it's a 'treat' to write and blog and babble.

And, well I've not had time to treat myself.
In fact, I'm stealing these 5 minutes of nap-time to write and say hi versus take a shower.
I think my company that is coming tonight for dinner would prefer I shower than blog.

So, I'll keep this short.

Life has been a whirlwind of fun lately.
We spent Thanksgiving in Natchez, MS with 65 family members.
Yes, 65.

Thankfully my uncle has quite a large home so we all fit in side--and had tons of room to spare.
If you ever watch the movie with George Clooney, O Brother Where Art Tho? Then you will see his home.
It's a plantation house called The Cedars. It's really beautiful and sits on some gorgeous, movie-perfect land.

I will go in more detail about that later.

As for Christmas this year, for the first time in 26 years I will be staying in Austin because my husband has to work.
We've managed to make the entire month of December very festive regardless of not seeing our family this year.

Our house is in full decorations and Justin went all Griswold on the outside of the house!
We have lots of things to do between here and the end of the year!
And I'm excited for all the festive fun!

ANYWAY---
I'm going to end here and hopefully touch base in better detail in the next coming days!
Enjoy some pictures!

Until next time,

HK

before the tree lighting in Natchez 



Archer and Santa 



many failed attempts of a family picture 
BoBo dancing in his extra-large tshirt 
One of our many traditions at Thanksgiving--SINGING with David on the keyboard. 
shopping with my handsomes 


At Robert and Ann's 







Watching the sunset at Magnolia Vale (at David and Betty's) 

little blurry, baby wearing


Granny and Meme


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: