Monday, January 20, 2014

That's Where I Wanna Take Our Love

I must be feeling a bit nostalgic. After spending 9 days in Atlanta, I happen to long for the open air and open land of the country.

I can't help myself. 
You may take the girl out of the country, but you'll never take the country out of the girl.

And perhaps it's because I also got to see THE KING OF COUNTRY--in Bossier City (Btw, I've now seen King George 4 times and will be seeing him again this June) but I can't help but to be thinking of one of my favorite George Strait songs.

This song was not one of his big hits. But, I loved it ever since I stumbled across it when I was 14 or 15. Maybe it's because I was a love struck teen and the smooth country, twangy voice of George just caught me. I don't know.
Maybe it's because the song is about living and growing in the country, which--I've always figured I'd do.

Don't get me wrong. I love Austin.
 This is my home.
I also always dreamed of being here in the greatest city in Texas.

But, the small-town, country-girl in me still dreams of having lots of land, a small house, and a big porch and literally miles of NOTHING but the night sky 
and trees around us.

Maybe one day we can have the best of both worlds :)

Also, Justin fell in love with me because I'm a small town girl.
I mean, if you're a small town girl like myself, then you know we are a charming breed. Am I right, girls?
We know how to make a man swoon.

He loved my accent and he loved how I was a True-Blue Texas girl, right down  to my old-vintage Cowgirl boots.

There is something about girls that are raised in the country that distinguishes us from others. Perhaps it's because we know how to have fun anywhere and everywhere. We are low maintenance. We have manners....and we know how to treat a man.

Not to mention a thousand other things.
Like, I can go mudding, camping and my kind-of-night out is a few drinks around a bonfire.  
And we know our way around the kitchen.

Anyway, I got off topic ;)
I just am missing my roots today...
and this song is one of my favorites.
Not only is it my favorite, but it's pretty sexy. 

I think Justin and I need to go to Hills Cafe soon for some dancing and country music soon!

-Enjoy

xxooxx

"That's Where I Wanna Take our Love"

It's a quiet little place, tucked away in the hills...where a crystal clear lakes, makes it crystal clear.

That there's not another livin' soul for miles and miles around.

That's where I wanna take our love and settle down.

There's a giant old oak tree, that knows just how to shade that midday summer sun when it's showin' off it's ray...
While I'm makin you a momma, to Mother Nature's sound,

That's where I wanna take our love and settle down.

That's where I wanna raise your babies that we make

And the hell you know we'll raise when they raise Cain.

That's where I wanna see them laugh, and cry and breathe that honeysuckle air after it rains.

And they'll know just what 'Country' means 'fore they go off to town.

That's where I wanna take our love and settle down.

-George Strait-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: