Monday, August 5, 2013

This and that...and GLUTTONY!

This past week I rarely saw J.
He was gone before I woke and got in close to midnight or so most evenings from work.
He is my "German workhorse"and never slows down.*
*I'm not looking for pity when I say Justin works a lot. He enjoys his work. We're blessed that he is in demand---and that he has work!

 I just like for my readers to understand that my normal life consists of a husband that isn't home much. So when he is HOME, I love it so!
For real, the wives that have husbands over seas, or working oil fields, railroads---or wives that have husbands that serve in the military, police force, troopers, firefighters, medics...those gals, they not only don't see their husbands---they also have to worry about them! God bless those strong women!

Anyway, I was looking forward to the weekend because after a long week I was ready for some help! lol
Because, let's be honest...
I love my husband and I like to spend time with him, but I more so needed a break.
On long days, when I'm tired and I'm tired of being disciplinarian all day or referee...I tell J that I need a 'mental break'. 

For a mental break, J takes the kids to Home Depot, or the auto parts store or just to run errands--sometimes I just clean the house. OR, I just sit and read for a few minutes alone.
Which is my ultimate fave. I appreciate those 'mental breaks!'

Regardless of not having J around much, it was a good week.
Me and the kiddos stayed busy.
Kie locked us in his room. (I'll tell that story on another post)
I read a good book called 'Among Murderers and Madness' about some crazy, CRAZY creepy things that happened in Atlanta in the early 90's... (more on this later).
And we played TONS outside on the trampoline.
The trampoline is in the shade (and enclosed by a net and padding) and we put two big fans on it so that the air is circulating and cool.
Kix jumps too! 
He holds on the side of the net and jumps.

As for this past weekend we ventured to IKEA.
That store, is a nightmare, to say the least. You cannot browse everything with kids.
All the carts, the people, the stuff!! I just wanted to zip in and out!
(They do have a daycare for kids there, but I'm not big on leaving my babies with people I don't know.)

Kie thought he could push Kix around in the umbrella stroller--and had a small freak out when I told him he couldn't. He truly thinks he is BIG.

In fact, when I went to grab him out of the car this morning after boot camp
he said,
"I have two feet to walk with." 
Aka, Mom I don't need you to hold me.

Justin also got to have sometime on the lake--and he was able to do three-360 blinds.
In other words, he jumps the wake--and while in the air, he spins backwards (the blind) and grabs the handle. 

I know the wake board talk is weird coming from me--but it's my husband's passion so I love it too.

This past weekend, Kie also had some swim lessons and we took it easy before church.
Sunday, like I mentioned--we had our Sunday School class.
We were kinda floating between two classes until we're in our official room for Promotion Sunday when the kids are promoted and change classes.

ALSO--I mentioned, I'd be doing a 28 Day Nutrition Challenge.
I debated about doing it because part of the challenge I would be in Atlanta.
There's not many places for me to get some great organic produce or protein while in there, but more so, I LOVE TO EAT when I'm in Atlanta! lol

I'm going to be foregoing Taco Re'al, Zapatas, Big Pines, Chicken Express, My Dad's amazing cooking...but, Oh well! I like a challenge. 

So, if you happen to see me with hush puppies or fried catfish in my hand---you have my permission to slap it out of my hand! ;)

The challenge commences this Wednesday--so until then, I've been like a pig prepping for slaughter. I've been STUFFING MYSELF!

Last night a lone I tried to have every one of my vices.
We went to Central Market for the Green Hatch Chile Festival.
I got the hatch chile mac-n-cheese (pasta, cheese and hotness!)
I also got some Mexican food and then ended the night with chocolate covered orange zest and a chocolate raspberry tres leches cupcake!

My gluttony is pretty disgusting!
OH, and Justin also found my favorite wine!
The label has changed over the years (and since I've been pregnant more often than not the past few years) I haven't been able to find it! 

So, I have today and tomorrow to have all my bad foods--then it is to CLEAN/healthy eating! (Pale0-like diet)

OH and today was my first day back to CG.
I was 3rd to last in everything.

Jordan (our trainer) timed us on us a workout circuit--and then at the end of the 4 weeks he re-times us to see how we've improved. Basically, I have no where else to go but UP! lol

Alright, happy Mondays my friends!
And to my teacher friends---enjoy yall's last few days!
Praying for yall!
And especially for one (new-ish) teacher that is especially close to me!  LOVE YOU!

-hk
Kie is trapped in a high chair and Kix is trapped under it.
TWO IN ONE!
This is how I get things done. No shame!
Post swim-lessons.
I asked for a smile...this is what Kie does. Omgosh, the TWOS!
last weekend
Kie at IKEA
My artist

This guy puts away the food with just his two teeth!
mac n cheese, sweet potatos, watermelon
FOOD COMA
SO full!
Hey, got my fruit in ;)
chocolate raspberry tres leches 
Kix loves looking at himself, I don't blame him.

2 comments:

  1. hey! just wanted to let you know that when we were walking out the door the other day to Church.. the TV happened to be on {NEVER is on these days, so that's the crazy part} and it was on HGTV and I said... OMG, I KNOW HER!!! Haha! I saw your episode, briefly! So neat! Hope all is well with you and your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! That was us ;) we're well! thank you! love to see pictures of you and your two beauties!

      Delete

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: