Friday, January 21, 2011

Easy Recipe Friday!

Happy Birthday
 to the best DAD a gal could ever ask for!

With that being said, TODAY is my dad's birthday.  And I, being the Daddy's Girl that I am--would like to say a few things about the old man (he's 54 today!) 
First off, my dad is one of a kind!  My dad has always been so great to me, even when I disliked him for punishing me during my teen years and grounding me for sneaking out the house.  Regardless, he has always shown his love (in his own way) to me. He's supported me in life through everything and he's always been the most generous man I've ever known (until I met my husband.) My dad and my husband would do and give me anything if I asked for it.  Luckily for them both I'm not that type of girl!

I love and respect my dad so much for coming so far in life! He came from nothing, put himself through medical school against all odds. And became an amazing father!  I also named my own son after him.  Dad's name, Timothy Cranford, my son's Timothy Kie.

He's a great father and grandfather to me and my precious son!
Thank you God for blessing me with him! And here's to many more happy years with him!

============

On to Friday's topic!

I've not shared any recipes before so today I'm sharing  "Easy recipe Friday!"

Basically I'm going to try to post a easy, tasty recipe every so often--and I'll do it on Friday.

Or so that's what I say now.

Regardless this is for 
Momma's Made-Easy Enchiladas!

This recipe is GREAT for making an army load of food.  So If you like leftovers--or care to make this for friends, a party, your big family--or for your significant other who eats like there is NO tomorrow...then this is your recipe! 

You can also freeze for later!
Of course you can always scale down on the ingredients. 

ALSO be sure to check out the ** (this indicates how to make the meal with less fat, less calories and healthier for you!)

What You Will Need:

2 cans of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
(or you can use Cream of Chicken--I use one of each)
**I use the less sodium and fat free ones**

3 tsp of butter 
**Butter can be nixed from the recipe all together.  The original recipe that was passed on to me included butter.  I don't use it!

**1 8oz Light Sour Cream

1 rotisserie chicken
(I use a rotisserie chicken to save me time)
**You can also cook a boneless, skinless chicken breast.

20 flour/corn tortillas (if small) 10 if large
**Or use wheat tortillas

Pico De Gallo
(home-made or store bought)

2% fat free mixed shredded Cheese
**Or you can use NO cheese

+ Spices +
(to taste & additional flavorings)

1. Cumin 
 2. Chili Pepper
3. Paprika
4. jalapenos

1. Set oven for 350 degrees

2. Mix in a large bowl--the sour cream, pico de gallo, 1 & 1/2 cans of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken, the melted butter and shredded chicken breast.

3. Add cheese to mixture--and spices to taste. (optionally)
Personally I add a lot of spices! Especially the cumin for a smoky flavor.

4. Use a glass casserole dish and fill the tortillas with the mixture, roll and place in dish.

5. Pour the remaining half of can of cream of mushroom over the top of enchiladas. 
Sprinkle with cheese & paprika.

6. Put in oven for 20 minutes.

And volia! Your Mexican dish is complete!

You can also top the enchiladas with jalepenos, pico de gallo or even put them in the mixture depending on how spicy you like them!


The best thing about this recipe is you can't go wrong! You can add a lot to it and flavor it however you like!



Well it's about time for me and Kie's MORNING nap.

I may add another blog today.

I've got a running list of things I wanted to blog about! We'll see how today goes.  I also am having friends over this weekend so the house needs a good scrub/clean down first!

Also I bought a new vacuum and I'm excited to use it! I'll write a review if I think about it.

Until next time,

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: