Wednesday, October 19, 2011

best pumpkin in the patch


Hard to believe my lil pumpkin is about to TURN ONE!
I've been cherishing every single minute of these last few days...
Ahhhh, motherhood....
the best, most wonderful--yet saddest, hardest job yet.
My heart is so full, and I'm so-SO thankful to be the mother of this little boy.

This week has been wonderful!
Cool brisk nights, filled with family outings and walks.
We have 3 days of NO TV every week where we just spend the evenings together.
I love it!
We hardly watch TV anyways...but I love how we started devoting the evenings to play time, early evenings at the park. Stroller outings...baking cookies...reading...porchin'.

It has slowed life down some for us...
And everyone wants to slow down those sweet moments?
Right?

Anyway, this week has been so great.
Lots of baking in the house...
Crock pot simmering.
Candle burning.
Early morning workouts.
playdates at the park with friends.
Afternoons and evenings doing fellowship and Bible studies..

yes, Fall is here and everywhere I see God's hand in our lives.

so thank You Lord for this day!

Until next time,
-HK-

3 comments:

  1. love this sweet post. It's so easy to get involved with the hustle and bustle of life. the worry, the what if's, the financial burdens, the spiritual "shortcomings"...the not right nows...

    i love you. and your sweet family!! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving.

    I need to slow down. Sit on the porch. Thanks for the reminder!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. kaitlin and I were just talking about you today. You are SUCH a good mother Halley!!! And Justin is such a good daddy. I pray daily that Mark and I raise Brinkli to be a Godly woman. Yall are doing such a good job, and both of you are completely different people. I can see God shining through you both. Kie is absolutely precious, and such a good baby. (I'm just going off your blog posts-ha!) Cant wait to see you and kait at thanksgiving! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, he is so super cute!!!
    i love that ya'll have no tv nights! i'm horrible about the tv....we have it on all the time, usually just for background noise but it's always on.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

You Might Also Like: